Kinesis was a concept of the Kinetic Molecular Theory applied to the X-Gene. In some certain cases, the X-Gene would cause a Mutant to have kinetic powers. These powers were either control over kinetic properties or molecular acceleration of an object's atoms.
- Telekinesis - The most powerful of all kinetic powers, as it did not matter on the specificity of the kinetic property being manipulated. Those with control of telekinesis could move objects with their mind and warp or alter their properties. They could also disintegrate the object's properties.
- Magnetokinesis - It was the complete control over magnetisim and the different metals and objects that it affected. It was also able to affect the Earth's electromagnetic field and the organic iron in a person's blood.
- Cryokinesis - It was the ability to generate organic ice, freeze objects and project powerful beams of snow from one's hands.
- Pyrokinesis - It was the ability to manipulate a pre-existing fire and cause it to expand or contract into powerful beams.
- Atmokinesis - It referred to the ability control and create meteorological temepsts such as lightning, thunderstorms, blizzards and tornadoes.
- Kinetikinesis - The absorbption and metabolization of kinetic energy which could be used to make the mutant stronger. The energy can be absorbed and released in destructive ways.
- Molecular Acceleration - It referred to charging up the kinetic energy in an object or an organic material. Sometimes this energy could be unstable, as in the case of Cyclops, his eyes were constantly being charged into uncontrollable optic blasts. Other times, as in the case of Gambit, certain objects could be charged into being grenade-like bombs.